Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday Reflection

I know this is a political blog. But being a son of the most high God, I must share with you the following on this "Good Friday."

On this day almost 2000 years ago Christ Jesus, fully God and fully man, willingly gave up his life for guilty sinners like myself, according to his divine plan and for his glory. On that day, Jesus acted as my substitute, absorbing the penalty of my sin and the sin of any called according to his holly will. Christian, "[Jesus] himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed." (1 Peter 2:24) Oh, what grace...what love!

I am so unworthy of his calling. I am so guilty of my sin (as are all), and I am so thankful to Christ for being my Savior.

For all those who are known by Him, let us praise Jesus for all he has done and all he continues to do.

For those who are not believers in Christ, I urge you: repent and turn to Jesus as your sole source of hope. "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Lastly, remember Sunday's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment